Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcome to GKS Widgets/ Getting Started

Well this is my first post to my new blog. Let me introduce myself. My name is Grant Skoog and I am a 57 year old single male. I recently was laid off from my machinists position of 3 years. Since I am an eBay fanatic and since I was aware that I needed a way to supplement my unemployment, I decided to open an eBay store. So in early February I did just that. After some time I found that even though my eBay store was doing pretty well I also realized that I would need to wean myself off eBay if I was going to succeed at all. That is when I decided to buy a domain name http://www.gkswidgets.com/ and enter into the real realm of e-commerce. I soon found out that there was much more to that than meets the eye. Store inventory, SEO optimization, (what's that?), relevant content and so on and so on. It's quite a learning process.



This blog is my effort to relate my experiences to others so that they may learn from my mistakes as well as to promote my new online store http://www.gkswidgets.com/ . I first had to go out and do product source research. This is probably the most difficult but the most productive as well. I found a few products that I felt may be unique and opened my eBay store. I added my products and published it to the public and sat back to see what happened. It wasn't long and I had my first sale. I learned to use eBay's very good user interface which provides the new user with all the tools to help promote their site. I added new product lines and started utilizing tools like Turbo Lister and the like and soon I was seeing some fruit from my labors. It can be a very rewarding experience but it is also a lot of work. In future posts I will relate more of my experiences with you but since this is a new adventure for me I will conclude for now.



Please check out my store at http://www.gkswidgets.com/ and see what I have. I appreciate your spending the time to read this, my first attempt at blogging, and I hope you will come back often.



Grant Skoog

Owner GKS Widgets

http://www.gkswidgets.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment