Monday, June 1, 2009

A Little Bit About GKS Widgets, My Store

Greetings all!

In my first official post I related to you that I had an online store, www.gkswidgets.com . I thought this time around I might tell you a little more about my store. GKS Widgets is an interesting name and I suppose that many of you might be wondering - "where on earth did he come up with that name" - When I was younger and still in school I remember my economics classes and there was always a company like ABC Widgets or Acme Company and as I was pondering over different ideas for naming my store "Widgets" popped into my mind. I was putting together the legal paperwork for the company, and since I did not know then what I might be selling, I decided on a generic name and that is where GKS Widgets came from. It's the initials of my name with Widgets after it. Clever huh?

At www.gkswidgets.com we carry a wide range of product lines. Our most popular line is our Medieval Armor and Renaissance re-enactment products. We carry Armor, Swords and Weaponry, A full Clothing Line and we are adding to this on a daily basis. The armor is of high quality and most of it can be used in SCA events.

Our second most popular line at www.gkswidgets.com is our Movie Film Cells. These are high quality Licensed Movie Film Cells mounted and framed. The cells are from the original films and are accompanied by a high quality photo or print depicting the scene as well as a nice plaque to go with them. A wide range of films are available. Batman, Elvis Presley, Harry Potter, The Godfather, Spiderman, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz just to name a few. These are great gift items as well as great collectibles. Go and check them out at www.gkswidgets.com right now. I guarantee you will be impressed.

Third we have Ethnic Musical Instruments. Wind, String and drums from around the world manufactured by Mid-East Manufacturing. We have Sitars, Harmoniums, Dulcimers, Cumbus, Bagpipes, Uillean Pipes, Balalaikas, Tablas, Ashikas, Bongos, Congas and many many more. Check them out!

We also carry SpecCast Die-Cast Models and Loon Lake Decoy Company Hand Carved Replicas of Wildlife. All of these are very unique and you should check them out as well at www.gkswidgets.com.

You might be wondering how do I find all of these different items to sell in my store and at wholesale prices to boot? Next time I will try and tell you some of the things I found out in my journey. It is called Product Sourcing and if you don't know what to look for you can fall into deep traps. So I look forward to sharing this with you in my next post.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling and until next time.

Grant K Skoog
GKS Widgets www.gkswidgets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment